Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Friend went home to be with JESUS

On 19th October 2010, my friend Mary Anne, went home to be with JESUS after a year long battle against Cancer.

We became friends when I was 10 & she was in her late 30s. She was a single lady who lived in the same area. She loved me. When I came home from school she called out to me and gaves me boxes of dry fruits or sweets or Tang. One day she bought the entire raffle booklet from me. She loved me.

Then a few years later things happened and my mom & she & we never spoke again. It was an ugly fight, by all means, was blown out of proportion. In 1998.

Since then we never spoke. People made fun of her because she was single. They ridiculed her lonely life in the closed apartment. The fact that she lived alone, ate alone, and lived alone. Day after day for over a decade I watched a life from a distance.

In March this year, I bumped into her and smiled. She immediately walked towards and spoke to me like as if we always spoke, like as if nothing was a problem. Through this conversation I found out that she became a believer shortly after the fall out. And that she had been praying for our family to get to know Jesus for the last 10 years. She was enthralled to know that I had come to faith 3 years ago. We exchanged numbers. She told me that she was terminally ill.

For the rest of her life, we never lost touch. I went to her house often. We talked about the LORD, the BIBLE & she poured out so much joy & faith & love into my broken heart.

17th Aug 2010, My birthday she came home early in the morning with 2 bars of cakes for my colleagues at work, lotions because she knew how much I love them & pink nail paint because she knew how i loved pink!!!

2nd Oct 2010, Her birthday, her family decided to throw her a party. We colored her nails to match her outfit, we got her new slippers. She looked gorgeous! Everyone who she loved made it to her party...It was a lavish spread of cakes, snacks, specials, etc...We worshipped the LORD & prayed together.

Then late that night she was rushed to the hospital. She was serious & under observation. Her condition just worsened overnight. With each passing day she was deteriorating more and more.

I often wondered what was GOD going to do through it all. Was HE going to come through and simply heal her sickness & take away her pain? Was HE going to use her sickness to glorify HIMSELF? How long was she going to suffer this?

And then on the 19th of Oct, after 17 days of of the dreadful hospitalization, at 10:30 pm My friend Mary Anne went home to be with JESUS forever and ever and ever and ever...

As for me...I miss her...And one day in eternity I will meet her again...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment