Friday, November 9, 2012

Grace

How i love reading the sermon transcripts of Dr Carl Stevens. Especially because the transcripts are converted into easy to carry and very readable booklets. Check this one out...

A few days ago i was in the waiting room there to meet a potential donor for the NGO i work with. So i opened the book and began reading about 'The Authority of Grace'. I just about finished reading the line "Christians who understand grace do not require restitution or pay back", when a young lady bumped into me holding a very hot cup of coffee spilling it all over my book and pants. I was half shocked half amused but completely aware of the opportunity to practically demonstrate grace...

She was very embarrassed and sorry - i smiled, flipped over to the cover page and showed her what i was reading and then said "so, that's why, it's okay... really". She was really apologetic...she couldnt stop saying a litany of sorries. Me laughing by now, and we were the center of everyone's attention by now. I repeated really for the sake of the book i'm reading... its really okay.

But she didnt get it. She didnt get grace. Like most of us she didnt understand the grace message. She didnt  know how to receive grace. And for many many years I didnt know how to give grace...

But now I am learning :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment