Saturday, August 11, 2012

Though HE slay me still i will trust in HIM

I was in an intense time of prayer where I was half frustrated and half desperate over a few unanswered prayer requests.

I cried out to GOD asking, begging, pleading that HE move, work and make those things happen for me. Reminding HIM of all the promises HE made to me in the Bible about answering prayer. I reminded HIM about HIS promise to answer frail prayers, faintest sighs and fervent cries. 

In a desperate cry to HIM, almost in an act of resignation, I told HIM that even if HE slay me still I will trust only HIM. And just as I said that I was reminded that HE was slain for me. In heaven I'd see HIS scars and then perhaps understand how much it meant to bear my sins upon that Cross. HIS scars would keep me forever indebted to HIM.

And I could never be slain by someone who loved me enough to get slain for me!

If GOD didn't spare HIS only SON but freely gave HIM up to die in my place, then wouldn't HE along with JESUS freely give me all that I need ? ? ?

So humbled and so ashamed I that i'd ever think that my slain Savior could have slayed me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks... Plakilla..
    really encouraging one..
    after a long time seeing u in blog
    do blog....
    God Bless
    Shibu

    ReplyDelete