Friday, August 3, 2012

To Hit Rock Bottom

We read biographies and observe lives that are tremendous stories of success in entertainment, politics, businesses or careers. We know how those small beginnings took people to the peak only to hurl them crashing down.  And in our own little way we have been there too. We have in our lives of limited influence scaled up our very own mole hills and just when we imagined we got it all together we fell face down.

To fall face down for me is today a very satisfying place in life. To fall face down before HIS Throne of Power and Might and surrender to HIM knowing that I am powerless to stand up and move ahead without HIM. To submit to HIM knowing that HE knows it all and HE knows it best.

And when I cringe in pain so unbearable. And when I`m writhing in pain so severe and incurable I know HE came to cure my incurable wound. And by HIS stripes I am healed. And I know in my afflictions HE is afflicted. And when I cry HE collects my tears in a bottle and writes the reason for my tears in HIS book.

Face Down and Rock Bottom are now good things. Face Down and Rock Bottom are now reasons to fellowship in HIS suffering. To be broken so HE can pour into us afresh HIS peace that guards our hearts and minds and HIS joy that is our unsurpassing strength and HIS love that is never failing but everlasting.

Do we have to hit rock bottom to realize that GOD is all this and more than enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment