Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Childlike Prayer

At the Wednesday evening prayer time, Zia, a little girl of five joined our group to pray. We were quite eager to intercede for the pressing prayer requests the Church received. As we began to pray little Zia whispered in my ears telling me that she wants to pray too. I was weary of interrupting the group with this request. Then, I didnt want to discourage her either.

I asked one of the women if we could let her pray. And Zia began praying:
"JESUS bless my friends... bless Ann and Hannah and Gavin and Zarina and Ayesha and Suzan and Cheryl and Angel and Ronald and Philip and Jack and George and Mitchelle and Mariane and Analise and Anabelle and Lisa and David and Samuel and Victoria and all my van friends. And JESUS please also bless my friend Giselle. Help her because she gets everything wrong in her books. JESUS help her so that the wrong changes to right. So that when her parents open her books they can see the stars and say vow"

By the time she reached the fifth name I wondered how long this list was ! Then I wondered if we will have enough time to complete our other prayer requests. In the midst of all these thoughts GOD just showed me this child's heart. Her love for the kids who ride in her school van. Her tender heart to pray for each of them by name and her loving concern for the kid who isn't doing well in school. And yes, her sweet desire to want Giselle's parents to appreciate her. Above all else - she approached the Throne of GOD boldly and confidently and by faith  !

I love such prayers. Praying like I know GOD. Praying knowing HE answers...

No comments:

Post a Comment