Saturday, April 12, 2014

Working Out

Have you noticed the high value people place on working out, striving and conforming ?

People will not only strive to strive but they will also put a trip on people who wont ! We love being strict with ourselves and others...

Yesterday I overheard a conversation between two people speaking about their strict gym routine and diet plans. And how a break in routine discourages them from continuing their activity. Once they take a break they find it very hard to get back...

The more they spoke, the more I saw the law at work and how it binds people. Often times we break the law and find it hard to get back. We love lying there in our failures. When time goes by we feel like we've served our 'self-inflicted' sentence and grant ourselves release. Like as if that was required of us in the 1st place.

But JESUS is not like that. HE is gracious and expects us to be gracious. HE says a righteous man will fall down seven times and yet he rises up and goes on. But the wicked fall down and lie there (Proverbs 24:16). The Biblical definition of a righteous man is someone who is right with GOD and not someone who is always right.

Do you want to be the righteous man of Proverbs 24:16 ?
Begin by inviting JESUS into your life. Say JESUS I accept that I am unable to keep doing the right thing. I keep failing. I sin. YOU sent YOUR SON JESUS to pay the full price for my sins. HE took my sin to the Cross. HE died, was buried and on the 3rd day HE rose again. HE is alive. Because of JESUS I will go to heaven and enjoy everlasting life !


If you prayed this prayer, you are born again. You are made righteous.


No comments:

Post a Comment